Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Sametime 1:04

I think that because the Sametime 1:04 project is too directly inspired by it’s main influence, it’s overall concept is repetitive and it’s purpose is incoherent to me. Just because the time in which the photographs were collected is different doesn’t give the project enough significance in the conceptual differences. In my opinion, when projects are re-created or re-interpreted it is important for the difference between interpretations have conceptually different goals to achieve. There are plenty of different ways to have re-created the Sametime 7:15 idea into a new realm of observation. The photographs themselves are pure documentation, which I find personally boring because it’s too closely related to my own day to day life. I also find it annoyingly exhausting that the documentation is daily and the participants lives’ intertwine so connectively that the randomness of the documentation is dry. Basically, I feel it is a tedious project that may only be respected because of the dedication and not scrutinized for it’s lack of imagination.

1 comment: