Sunday, January 25, 2009

Stiff Lace: a photographic celebration

I enjoyed many different aspects of this show, I think the variety of artwork was well collaborated, as well as the flow and organization of the gallery setting. As far as the artwork, many pieces were extraordinary, but I also felt as though there were some images that could have stayed behind, mostly I felt a few of the smaller, 4x6/5x7, photographs were compensating for the gaps between better prints. However, they do happen to throw an interesting contrast between how simple the subjects are in the work and the sort of chaotic arrangement of the show. A few of my favorite pieces were the prints in the widow frames, even though I found the frames distracting, as well as the large prints on the balcony stacked upon liquor boxes, even though the view from the ground wasn’t the best. Overall I found a lot of common inspiration in the works from this show and my own personal work, I also found a connection in some of the prints in the vibrancy and immense color editing.

1 comment:

  1. Blair, could you elaborate a little more about the inspiration you spoke of here? What were some of the commonalities? I would be interested to hear more.
    Hassan

    ReplyDelete