Monday, April 13, 2009

"Artist Statement"

I have decided that at this point in my artistic career, I have no personal statements yet to make as an artist. I do recognize my influences and inspirations as an artist define the style of photography I create and prefer to enjoy. Personally I strive to photograph subjects that might seem ignored or overlooked on a daily basis, mostly focusing on found objects or scenes that are un-manipulated or posed for my compositions. I tend to alter subjects only if necessary, but prefer to leave them as they existed before I discovered them. My artwork offers my viewers a substantial amount of depth; with black and white photography I tend to present a broad range of gray scale with high contrast, and in color digital photography I usually generate very manipulated photographs with tonal overlays. In all of my work I am generally attracted to my subject by it’s appealing textures or the way sunlight/artificial light is cast. To reiterate, I have not yet limited myself to a particular focus in photography, since I’m still studying it’s practice I expect my personal agenda with photography will develop into a much stronger statement in my future.

1 comment:

  1. Blair, how is it that you managed to give me an artist statement and sabotage it at the same time. Take off your first two sentences and remove your last. This is the essence of your most current "artist statement." It won't be your last, it won't be your best, but that doesn't matter. What you have otherwise have writen is perfect.

    ReplyDelete